Free Downloadable Bicycle Pilates Exercise Infographic
You can use the Bicycle Pilates Exercise Infographic as a teaching aid or handout for your students.
Bicycle Pilates Exercise Infographic
How To Teach Bicycle Pilates Pose
Equipment Required: 0
Difficulty: 4 out of 10
Time Required: 5 Minutes per set
Pilates Power-Up 7 Day Challenge: Do 1 to 3 sets a day for 7 days
- Lie flat on back with arms at side.
- Straighten legs to ceiling.
- Peel spine off floor one vertebrae at a time.
- Place hands at top of pelvis (fingers point towards knees).
- Split legs with knees straight and toes pointed (legs look like scissors).
- Bend front knee towards face.
- Pedal front foot away from face.
- Straighten knee as you bring the back leg towards face.
- Switch directions.
- To release, bring both legs together and roll down to start position.
Main Benefits: 2
Increases spine mobility
Main Precautions: 4
- Neck injury
- Shoulder injury
Easy Modification: Foam Roller
Use foam roller to prop pelvis off ground.
Intermediate Modification: Wide Split
Move legs even further apart into a Wide Split before one leg folds and threads past the other one as it arcs toward the ceiling.
Advanced Modification: Neutral Spine
Don’t bring hips and torso up to shoulder stand. Instead, roll hips up, support them with your hands, but leave hips and torso in a position closer to neutral spine. This requires really good pelvic stabilisation.
Really Affordable Membership
Find out more
Latest posts by George Watts (see all)
- Free Online Pilates Anatomy Course: With Doodle Art - April 12, 2023
- 101 Questions About Pilates You’re Afraid to Ask Your Instructor - April 5, 2023
- Pilates Class Planning: 101 Tips On How To Plan A Pilates Class - April 4, 2023