Free Downloadable Pilates Leg Floats Infographic
I recently received this question from a member of PilatesLessonPlans.co.uk….
I have a lady in my group who has severe osteoarthritis and finds it difficult to get into 4 point position. I’d thought of using blocks to help but can you think of an alternative?
My answer was…
“Maybe you could give Leg Floats as an alternative. I created an Infographic for you which you can download, print and give to her.”
Below is the Pilates Leg Floats Infographic that I created for that member. Please feel free to use it as a teaching aid or handout for your students. And if you become a member and would like one of these Infographics created for a Pilates Exercise (so you can give it to one of your students), send me an email. I usually get requests completed within 24 hours. This is a free service for members.
Free Pilates Leg Floats Download
Right click and choose “Save Image As” to download
How To Teach Bicycle Pilates Pose
Equipment Required: 0
Difficulty: 2 out of 10
5 Minute Challenge: Practice for 5 minutes
- Pull belly button in and lift knee towards you.
- Stop when thigh and leg form a 90 degree angle.
- Extend leg away from you as far as you can.
- Alternate legs.
Main Benefits: 8
- Great tool for teaching beginners important Pilates fundamentals.
- Work your deep core muscles.
- Teach moving without tension.
- Teach maintaining length through the spine.
- Engages glutes.
- Engages inner thighs.
- Engages pelvic floor.
- Engages hip rotators.
- Lie on a roller for an extra core stability.
- Add a cervical curl (like a crunch) as you lift your leg.
- Lift two legs at once for a double knee fold.
- Sit on a physio ball.
Pilates Instructor Lesson Plan Kit
This post was lovingly brought to you by pilates/yoga teacher, George Watts. If you have a couple of minutes spare, take a little peek at my Pilates Instructor Lesson Plan Kit.
Latest posts by George Watts (see all)
- Free Online Pilates Anatomy Course: With Doodle Art - April 12, 2023
- 101 Questions About Pilates You’re Afraid to Ask Your Instructor - April 5, 2023
- Pilates Class Planning: 101 Tips On How To Plan A Pilates Class - April 4, 2023